You need to make the right hire for your business. It is critical to achieving your goals. This individual needs to possess both the right technical skills and values for your business.
The best way to achieve this is by asking them the right questions during the interview. You want to get detailed responses, with workable examples, for a full understanding of the Candidate. This will help you hire someone that will help your business advance and outperform the competition, creating a unique solution for the market.
During the next job interview you conduct, you could ask these questions, allowing you to determine if they have the talent, drive and values your business needs.
25 interview questions to ask the Candidate
- Tell me why you are here.
- What are you biggest strengths/weaknesses?
- How will those strengths help you achieve your goals in this role?
- What value can you bring to this role? Provide examples of when you have brought this value in your current/past positions.
- Why should we hire you?
- Tell me about your greatest career achievement to date. How did you feel when this happened?
- Tell me about a time you failed, why did it fail and how did you overcome it?
- What steps do you take to prioritise your workload? Provide an example of when you utilised these steps.
- If you don’t know how to do something or don’t understand it, what steps do you take to figure it out? Can you provide an example of when you utilised this method?
- In what work environment have you been most successful and why?
- What do you know about this company? Who do you consider our biggest competitors and why? How do our USPs compare?
- What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
- How do you resolve conflict?
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a management decision, how did you handle it?
- What do you want to achieve in your career? How do you plan to do this?
- What are your key motivating factors?
- What role do you assume when working in a team and why? Can you provide an example of when you worked in this manner and how you achieved your goals?
- What is your leadership style?
- What do you think you can bring to the role?
- What additional training or equipment do you need to ensure you are successful?
- Why do you want to work for us and what do we need to provide for you to be successful?
- What attracted you to the role?
- How would your current boss describe you? How would your weakest member of staff describe you?
- How do you stay up-to-date on industry news and events?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Remember, you don’t need to ask every single one of these questions. Just ask the ones most pertinent ones to the role and your business.
The right candidate will demonstrate how their skills and personality fit into your company vision and future.
Do you still need more interview tips? Check out more blog posts: